The GRANT REQUEST will be submitted online, if requested. The format is shown below for your reference.
1. Executive Summary
Begin with a half-page executive summary. Briefly explain why your agency is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is made.
2. Purpose of Grant
Begin with a statement of needs and/or problems to be addressed. Include:
- Grant budget
- On a separate sheet, show how each budget item relates to the project and how the budgeted amount was calculated.
- List amounts requested of other foundations, corporations and other funding sources to which this proposal has been submitted.
- In the event that we are unable to meet your full request, please indicate priority items in the proposed grant budget.
5. Organization Information
- Brief summary of the organizations history.
- Brief statement of organizations mission and goals.
- Description of current programs, activities and accomplishments.
- Organizational chart, including board, staff and volunteer involvement.
1. A copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
2. List of Board of Directors with affiliations.
4. Letters of support that verify project need and collaboration with other organizations (optional).
5. Annual report, if available.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Outcome: The intended impact or results a program or project is trying to produce.
Project: A planned undertaking or organized set of services designed to achieve specific outcomes that
begins and ends within the grant period. (Note: A successful project may become an ongoing
program of the organization.)
Program: An organized set of services designed to achieve specific outcomes for a specified population
that will continue beyond the grant period.
Capital Request: A planned undertaking to purchase, build or renovate a space or building or to acquire
General Operating Support: Grant funds to support the ongoing services, mission or goals of an organization.
Collaboration: Organizations submit joint proposals for funding to address common issues of organizational
capacity and program outreach where they have similar outcomes to accomplish.
Cooperation: Organizations explain the networking and information sharing that is occurring with other
similar organizations in their community and include any shared values that the organization
has with similar organizations in their community.
Return to THFF Home Page